David Scott Bowers…
Your Costa Rica Expat Tour Guide
I’ve been a resident of Costa Rica for the past 16 years. I first arrived in 2001 to broker the deal that sold one of the country’s premier private universities to a U.S. publicly-held education company. For the past decade I’ve been arranging eco-intensive Costa Rica vacation tours to locations throughout the country, as well as Nicaragua, Panama and Colombia. I’ve also worked with many of the indigenous tribes in Costa Rica, helping them sell their arts and crafts and keep their cultures alive. My most recent project, in addition to joining the Coldwell Banker Dominical Realty team, is to bring the joy of growing your own food with hydroponic gardening to homes throughout Costa Rica.
In a former life, prior to becoming an expat in Costa Rica, I practiced tax and corporate transactional law in the Carolinas. I also have extensive experience as a business valuation consultant and mergers and acquisitions advisor to companies in a wide variety of industries. My wife and I have seven grown children between us. I love exploring the nature of Costa Rica and I am a life-long surfer.
Finally, check out my site Costa Rica Commercial Real Estate, the only site on the web exclusively focused on Costa Rica commercial properties.
- Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Campbell University School of Law
- LL.M in Taxation, with distinction, from Georgetown University School of Law
- M.B.A. from University of South Carolina
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- Former Certified Business Appraiser from the Institute of Business Appraisers
- Former Licensed Real Estate Broker in N.C. and S.C.